Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Voting Rights in Georgia

Below is a message from a voting rights lawyer in Atlanta looking for eligible voters with disabilities who are willing to share their thoughts on the accessibility of Georgia's absentee ballot system.
Are you an eligible Georgia voter?  My name is Bryan Sells, and I'm an attorney in Atlanta who specializes in voting rights. I believe that Georgia's absentee ballot system may be inaccessible for voters with certain disabilities, and I'd like to hear from people who might be affected.  
Georgia law does not currently offer any accommodations for disabled voters who want to vote by absentee ballot, but there are new technologies that might be able to help.  
If you have a disability that would prevent you from marking an absentee ballot without assistance *and* you use assistive technology, like screen-reading software, that might enable you to mark an online ballot with your computer, I want to hear from you.  It's OK if you haven't actually voted by absentee ballot in the past.  This is about having the equal right to vote in future elections.
Anyone interested in talking with me about their experiences can reach me by phone at 404-480-4212 or by email at <bryan@bryansellslaw.com>.